Vertical Gardening: Growing Up, Not Out, for More Vegetables and Flowers in Much Less Space by Derek Fell.
If you’re interested in growing a vertical garden, this book is an excellent read. It:
- Addresses the pros and cons to growing vertical
- Explains the different levels of a vertical garden (climbers, foundation, and support)
- Provides detailed information on types of plants and how they can be grown vertically
- Discusses beginners mistakes and how to prevent them
- Gives ideas of DIY and commercially available string supports, trellises, pergolas, raised beds, skyscraper gardens, and tospy-turvy planters
This is a fantastic book. A full season has gone by since I read it and I’m still constantly referencing it. It’s an easy read, chalked full of great information to get your vertical garden started.
I bought the Kindle version on Amazon.