What to do with all those tomatoes? Easy. Ketchup.
- 14 oz of homemade tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or honey)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch or two of ginger, allspice, cloves, nutmeg and cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 2-4 teaspoons of yellow mustard, prepared or powdered
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and whisk well
- Scrap into a jar and cover tightly
This ketchup should keep for 10 to 21 days, if refrigerated. It makes about 2 cups.