A friend of mine just got an ice cream machine. He was asking me for some ideas and I realized that I have never written any of my ice cream recipes down. So I’ll do my best at sharing them here.
Mint Chocolate Chip was my very first ice cream.
- 2 cups of milk (I use goat milk)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of finely chopped chocolate chips (the amount depends on your preference)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Mix milk, heavy whipping cream and sugar together.
- Add vanilla extra and peppermint extract and stir well.
- Pour mixture into ice cream bowl and turn on machine.
- In about fifteen to twenty minutes, slowly add the chopped chocolate chips.
- When the ice cream becomes thick, it’s done. Usually around twenty-five to thirty minutes.
- Eat now or put in a freezer dish in the freezer for a “harder” ice cream.